Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dream

I once looked at the sky and discovered a breach 
ever since I have claimed to the world that no God is up there.

People continue believing there is someone up in the sky dedicated to resolve their problems, provide guidance and grant them something they want or desire. They expect gifts and miracles to be tossed up from the sky and fall directly into their hands. I can speak against this futile practice for ages to come. In the age of Google how can people sit idle and expect rewards from the sky? I typically obtain what I need from the cloud right next me. For the record, her name is Dream. She didn’t fell from the sky like many idiots claim. This cloud is a direct creation of my-too-much-thinking and has been with me ever since I was a child. To simply put it, she looks like a marshmallow in the morning and at night converts into a pillow.

The Cloud
Since I like to back up my own thinking, for example, today in Facebook my best friend’s sister posted a status asking this God of hers help to get a job soon. I approached her with couple ideas and websites where she could search for work. To my surprise she ignored my suggestions but acknowledge every single one that had the word God on it. It didn’t bother me but puzzled me throughout the day. If I'm certain of something is the following: nothing could ever fall from the sky. I found Dream right next to me and asked straight up if she was a gift of God, question without hesitation she answered: You know better that I’m not a government initiative or something that belong to the sky. For years I’ve been following you, I have pest the sky with gray for you to expect a better future, I have made the sky weep to trouble you with nostalgia, so you can embrace and appreciate the present. You will be a fool if you think I’m a celestial thing —don’t you even dare, understand! I became a cloud the day you pointed to the sky and shouted to your mom, mom, mom look at the cloud, I have a dream mom! Your imagination turned into a dream, and your dream landed on the sky and ever since I have followed you on your endless path.

I stood quietly digesting what Dream said. My childhood memory was enough to confirm that our dreams cannot fall from the sky, but unexpectedly land somewhere in the horizon for us to pursue them —if we dare to continue imagining what others cannot see.

No comments: